Hi Mom’s it’s me again.
In my blog two weeks ago, I ended it by saying…
“Be strong and look for my next blog if you find yourself asking, Now what do I do?”
Still feeling sad, empty & a little lost since your son or daughter took off for college?
It’s ok, and normal, however I want to continue reassuring you that you WILL BE OK!
Please allow me to share part of a story with those of you who still have kids at home even after one or two have left.
I have two children, Ellie and Dan. I have the best of both worlds, a son and a daughter. I know a lot of you can relate that there are differences with how we relate to our children. For me Ellie is the one who talks & shares almost everything. There is never a loss for conversation when Ellie is around. However Dan is not as chatty! He keeps more to himself, keeping under the mom radar! I was not sure what the house would be like without Ellie and I knew Dan was concerned about how without Ellie around, I would be 100% focused on him (which no teenager wishes for). However, it has all worked out.
Ellie is off at school making things happen, growing and thriving. Meanwhile, Dan and I were able to find OUR new normal! It has been great. Yes, I miss Ellie, her smiling face, getting manicures and pedicures, debating social issues etc. However, I have had the joy and privilege of getting to know Dan one on one. What a special gift to be able to spend one on one time with your child after years sharing your time between two children.
The point I wanted to share with you is that regardless of how many children are off at college and how many are left at home, you now have more time to “get to know” those at home. Take advantage of that time, it’s priceless.
For those of you who have complete empty nests, you can have joy. As I mentioned previously, you get to watch your amazing sons/daughters become independent young adults making a life for themselves, navigating their world and forming new relationships, which you prepared them for, how awesome is that?
Now is YOU TIME! I would invite you to consider these questions and see where they lead you? You just may surprise yourself.
- When was the last time I read a great book?
- Have I thought about writing a book/blog?
- What is one activity I have always wanted to try or something I wanted to learn?
- What do-it-yourself home improvement have I been putting off?
- Have I considered starting a job or a new career?
- Do I want to travel and if so, where?
- Is there an organization where I could volunteer my time?
Guess what is COMING SOON TO AMAZON.COM?
A way for you to impart your best advice for your college student.
- How are you feeling? Offer your advice on how to take care of themselves should they get the cold or flu.
- Laundry anyone? Offer your best advice on how to do their laundry without ruining their clothes.
and so much more.
PART GUIDE, PART JOURNAL. A WAY FOR YOU TO IMPART YOUR WISDOM AND EQUIP YOUR COLLEGE BOUND KIDS!
How can you be in the know when the Guide/Journal is available?
Glad you asked:
- Email email@example.com type Guide/Journal as the subject and give me your name and email address. I will email you as soon as we are up and ready to go.
- Subscribe to this blog. I will be announcing when the Journal is available.
Please help spread the word by sharing this on social media!
“Being a Mother is not about what you gave up to have a child, but what you’ve gained from having one.” -unknown
Jodi wears many hats, but first and foremost she is a mom! She runs multiple businesses & is currently pursing her certification for becoming a Certified Life Coach through the Life Purpose Institute. And now..a soon to be Author!